CHOCOLATE TAHINI DATE BOATS
These Chocolate-Tahini Date Boats are proof that sweets don’t have to be full of junk to taste absolutely delicious. And with just four ingredients and no cooking required, they’re incredibly easy to make!
I avoided mama nature’s sweetest fruits because I thought they were too high in sugar to be healthy. Boy, was I missing out! While dates do contain naturally-occurring simple sugars, they’re also loaded with nutrients! One serving of Medjool dates provides:
18 percent of your daily fiber needs
11 percent RDI of iron
16 percent of recommended daily potassium
13 percent of your daily magnesium
Tons of antioxidant flavonoids to help protect cells and combat inflammation
When you top them with nutty, protein-rich tahini and dip them in antioxidant-laden dark chocolate, you have a complete, nutritious snack! The potassium and magnesium also make these date boats perfect for post-workout or dessert!
Tips and Tricks
Chocolate-Tahini Date Boats require no special cooking skills! The only time this recipe requires any real thought is at the grocery store. Choose freshly-dried dates that are still soft and longer than they are round, as this shape holds the tahini better.
You’ll also need to pit your dates prior to filling them. While you can purchase pitted dates, I find that the ones with the pits tend to be softer and juicier. It takes almost no time to carefully slice down the center with a paring knife and gently pop the pit out. As the fruit is dried, the pits are generally very easy to remove with almost no flesh attached.
Chocolate-Tahini Date Boats
- 8 medjool dates, sliced lengthwise and pitted
- 1/4c tahini
- 1/4c dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
How to cook Chocolate-Tahini Date Boats
- Fill each sliced date with 1 tsp tahini. Place in the refrigerator while you continue to the next step.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler, stirring until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Remove stuffed dates from refrigerator and dip one end of each into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle hemp seeds on top and allow chocolate to harden.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.